I'm getting 404 errors for requests when the URL is encoded which doesn't make sense to me.
Shouldn't this be handled automatically by tomcat? I've read the connector configuration docs but haven't been able to resolve this. I added URIEncoding="UTF-8" to my connectors but I don't believe this is even a UTF-8 encoding but ISO-Latin.
I tried URIEncoding="ISO-Latin1" (ISOLatin, ISOLatin1 etc.) to no avail.
Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication, which is baffling - the incomprehensible should cause suspicion rather than admiration. Possibly this trend results from a mistaken belief that using a somewhat mysterious device confers an aura of power on the user. Niklaus Wirth
It makes sense to me. Those two URLs aren't equivalent; the first one refers to the name "mypage.htm" and has a parameter list "page=A" whereas the second one refers to the strange name "mypage.htm%3fpage=A" and doesn't have a parameter list.
Looks like whoever produced the second one wasn't quite clear on how URL-encoding should be used. Only the value parts of parameters in the parameter list need to be URL-encoded.
Joined: Dec 21, 2004
"Only the value parts of parameters in the parameter list need to be URL-encoded."
Excellent! We're trying to track down where the request is coming from now that I understand that it's the URL that's bad not because of some inability for Tomcat to decode it.