Hello I have a problem with Tomcat running at 25% CPU useage. I have identified from the web that this is probably a problem with the ISAPI connector, but have found no information on how to fix this.
I am running Tomcat 5.5.20 on IIS 5, on Windows 2000 server.
I am using the binary connector for windows I have tried 2 versions 22.214.171.124 and the latest 126.96.36.199 but I still have the problem. Below is my workers file, I wonder if there is anything in here that might help
Any hints or tips that I might bring this under control would be gratefully appreciated. By the way on my development version, of the same application, there is no problem but this is running through port number direct to Tomcat and not over IIS.
Joined: May 25, 2004
Ok for anyone who might be interested it appears that I have fixed the problem, although I will have to monitor it over the next couple of days.
What I did in the end was to alter the connector in the Tomcat server.xml file:
so in tomcatRoot\conf\server.xml
I changed this line, which was the default Tomcat shipped with:
To be this
So specifying amount of threads and a connectionTimeout seems to sort it. Now it runs up to 16 - 25% when processing but drops straight back to 00 once finished as opposed to be constantly at 25%.
Hope it helps, I'll update if the problem re-occurs.
I did not see this as identified in Apache's bugzilla and thus just submitted it as it presents show stopper for those needing to run Tomcat behind IIS and who are not lucky to find this page.
Here is the submitted bug report: