I am trying to get www.icsmarts.co.uk to map to a web application running on tomcat. I am aware that i need to get virtual hosting working on tomcat to do this.
I have a icsmarts.war file that holds the application.
Here are the steps i have done.
1) Copied the icsmarts.war file to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps
2) I then added a host entry into the Catalina engine tag in the server.xml file. i.e. <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost"> ... <Host name="www.icsmarts.co.uk" appBase="webapps/icsmarts"/> ... </Engine>
3) Created the directory mkdir $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/www.icsmarts.co.uk
4) Created a blank file called ROOT.xml in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/www.icsmarts.co.uk/ROOT.xml
5) I then copied the manager.xml file from $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost
This is all.
I then start tomcat but it complains that the ROOT.xml file is empty.
Does anyone know what i should insert into this ROOT.xml file as i cannot find this in the tomcat documentation?
Also does what i am doing look right so that when a user visits www.icsmarts.co.uk they see the website?