I have a web application that uses Java Applets and Servlets. The applets are actually embedded within a servlet generated jsp. I have been hosting this application with JRun using Apache and IIS, but am trying to move it to JBoss.
The problem that I am having is with reproducing an Apache/Tomcat/Jboss environment that I have found (actually for another application) which works perfectly for my application.
In the environment that I have setup, when I log on to my application (from a jsp logon page), my applet builder servlet seems to imediately loose the session. What I am observing is that the url displayed has the jsessionid added to it (which doesn't happen in my working environment) like this:
Also, the internet explorer privacy report shows that IE blocked a cookie, even though I am positive that IE is setup to allow all cookies.
One difference between the two server environments (that I am awair of) is that the working environment uses JavaService to run JBoss and the other is just running JBoss using the run.bat command. I am having some difficulty setting up the JavaService and am more concerned with the jsession problem at this point. Could this be my problem?
I am running out of ideas here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I am having the same issue however I have narrowed it to the following scenaro: I am using two jboss app servers for testing, one is a beefed up HP nx9500 laptop and the other is a high end Proliant ML370. The problem appears only on the laptop, but not on the Proliant. I used the same Windows 2000 CD to install the OS on both machines and built the JBoss server using the same build and application files. When accessing the laptop with the server name (I.e "https://servername/app" or "http://servername:8080/app", it doesn't matter) AND using IE6, the cookie is blocked that contains the session ID and the session dies. Any link within the application after that poin returns the user to the login screen. This behavior happens no matter which client browser accesses the application. However; if you access the laptop with either Netscape or Mozilla using the same URL, there is no problem. My conclusion for now is that it is an issue with IE6 not trusting the privacy setting for JBoss, but only when JBoss is installed on a laptop or a workstation (developers using workstations are having the same issue) rather than if it the webserver is installed on a high end server. Here is some information on Microsoft's website that allueds to the issue I'm seeing, but their solutions are not working in my case.