Plz someone answer these questions I'll be thankfull
Joined: Aug 24, 2001
hi, these questions r from sample paper. Im having much problems in it. 1) Which of the following are effective ways to manage an OO project?
a) Organize the scheduled tasks along the lines of the use cases.
b) Organize the test cases along the lines of the use cases.
c) Organize the user's guide along the lines of the use cases.
d) Organize development teams along the lines of the packages.
2) True or false. Ideally, all public methods in business model objects are defined directly or indirectly because of a use case requirement.
3) An iterative development process:
a) represents a structured methodology, which includes functional decomposition.
b) is a technique for managing complexity and plans for change during software development.
c) is a top-down approach without the dataflow diagrams.
d) is equivalent to an incremental development process.
4) If a use case had a requirement "Calculate account balance," which OOAD artifact would be the BEST source for determining the name of the public method used to invoke the operation?
a) Use case
b) Interaction diagram
c) Class diagram
d) Activity diagram
5) A use case model should:
a) Capture as much design detail as possible.
b) Identify all of the actors, use cases, and their relationships.
c) Describe all of the implementation specifics of an application.
6) When creating the use cases related to the "Prepare for an Event" scenario in the Figure ChefScenario, which one of the following BEST represents the type of terminology that the use cases should contain?
a) chef, menu, recipes, ingredients
b) end user, bill of fare, cooking specifications, food contents
c) chef object, menu object, recipe object, ingredient object
d) person record, menu print stream, recipe container, ingredient array
7) Which one of the following is the BEST set of potential use cases for the "Prepare for an Event" scenario in Figure ChefScenario?
a) Prepare for party, Display menu, Generate shopping list, Exclude ingredients on hand, Generate utensil list, Generate to do list
b) Prepare for party, Display menu, Generate shopping list, Generate utensil list, Pack utensils, Generate to do list
c) Display menu, Generate shopping list, Generate utensil list, Generate to do list
d) Display menu, Generate shopping list, Exclude ingredients on hand, Generate utensil list, Generate to do list
e) Generate shopping list, Exclude ingredients on hand, Generate utensil list, Generate to do list, Check utensil list
8) Based on the following statements from a domain expert on a project, which of the following are requirements that MUST be extracted?
a) A note must be sent to the customer for incomplete mortgage applications, listing the missing items.
b) A file must be established for every mortgage application at the time it is submitted, whether the application is complete or not.
c) Addresses on mortgage applications must be entered as all capital letters.
d) A unique mortgage number must be assigned to each mortgage file. This identifier must follow financial industry standard format
9) Referring to the "Book a Party" use case in the Figure Book a Party, which of the following is the BEST list of candidate interaction diagrams to support the use case?
a) Find available date, Search for client, View client preferences, Book an event, Calculate cost of event, Generate confirmation letter
b) Find available date, Search for client, View client preferences, Explain menu alternatives, Book an event, Calculate cost of event, Generate confirmation letter
c) Find available date, Search for client, View client preferences, Book an event, Calculate cost of event, Request deposit, Generate confirmation letter
d) Find available date, Search for client, View client preferences, Book an event, Calculate cost of event, Generate confirmation letter, Mail confirmation letter
10) Valid reasons for grouping classes into the same package are that, the classes:
a) are related by aggregation.
b) are worked on by the same group of developers.
c) are related by specialization.
d) support the same high-level services.
11) Referring to the deployment diagram, Figure Deployment, for a system that manages mortgages, which of the following are correct?
a) GUI classes should be in the Branch Client process.
b) These components comprise a three-tier architecture, whether they execute on the same or different computers.
c) For scalability, the business objects should reside in the Financial Apps Server.
d) Client integration is at the Database Server.
12) Which of the following are true about software architecture?
a) Two tier software architectures do not scale to as many clients as three+ tier architectures.
b) Two tier architectures lead to more reuse than three+ tier architectures.
c) Thin clients are restricted to GUI parts
d) Technologies such as CORBA, RMI, DCOM, and Servlets allow multiple clients to work with the same server-based business objects.
13) Benefits resulting from designing and implementing layered application components include:
a) reduced initial design time.
b) reduced time for initial development cycle.
c) maintainability and reuse of the application components
14) Which of the following are recommended when developing an OO system?
a) Write a description of the concept that a class represents whenever a new class is declared.
b) Use interfaces for types or roles that objects may play, independent of their location in the class hierarchy.
c) Apply design patterns where applicable in the system.
d) Name classes based on their design specifics, such as "array" or "queue".
15) Referring to these partial requirements, which of the following is true?
a) The verbs in the requirements become methods in the object model.
b) Some of the verbs in the requirements become methods of the nouns they reference. E.g., a FinancialInstitution class would have a getFinancialInformationFor( aCustomer ) method.
c) Some of the verbs in the requirements become methods of the concept taking the action. E.g., a LoanOfficer class would have a getFinancialInformationFor( aCustomer ) method.
d) Some of the verb phrases in the requirements become overriding methods of the related superclass, due to the specialization of the action.
16) A resulting benefit of using polymorphism is reduction of:
a) methods in the associated classes
b) subclasses needed to accomplish the same functionality
c) case statements and conditionals
d) coupling between classes in the system
17) Based on the following CRC card, what methods should Mortgage have?
a) accrue( anAmountOfInterest )
b) calculateInterest( )
c) apply( aPayment )
d) getCollateral( )
18) In design #1, the Catalog object has a getProducts() method, which returns a collection object, such as a Dictionary or array, containing all the Products the company sells. In design #2, the Catalog object has a getProductNumbered(anIdentifier) method, which returns the Product with the specified unique identifier. Considering the objects returned, which of the following BEST characterizes the two designs?
a) Both designs maintain the objects' encapsulation and reduce coupling by accessing state data via methods only and not directly.
b) Both designs break the objects' encapsulation, adding brittle coupling.
c) Design #1 breaks the encapsulation of the Catalog, adding brittle coupling. Design #2 maintains the encapsulation of the Catalog, making future design changes easier.
19) Which one of the following is a good strategy for resolving class name collisions that occur during OO analysis?
a) Allow each team member to choose a preferred name.
b) Create a class for each domain name, passing on requests to the one class that implements the behavior for all of them to share.
c) Discover better names for different concepts that are referred by the same term.
20) Refer to the Figure Sample 1. Consider the scenario that eStore.com sells small appliances over the Internet. Currently, the store's catalog includes over 50 appliances from 10 different suppliers. A partial class diagram is shown in Figure Sample 1. If there is a new requirement to restock the warehouse automatically as products are sold, how is the new requirement BEST handled?
a) Add "reorderLevel" and "reorderQuantity" attributes used by a new deplete() method in the Inventory class. Use these to generate new orders as InventoryProducts are sold.
b) Add "reorderLevel" and "reorderQuantity" attributes used by a new deplete() method in the InventoryProduct class. Use these to generate new orders as InventoryProducts are sold.
c) Add a deliver() method to the Supplier class that uses the InventoryProduct's amountOnHand attribute to maintain the InventoryProducts in the warehouse.
d) Add "reorderLevel" and "reorderQuantity" to InventoryProduct. Create a Warehouse class that monitors the InventoryProducts' "amountOnHand", generating an order as levels drop below a "reorderQuantity".
21) In an OO system, it is desirable to assign responsibilities:
a) relatively evenly across the classes.
b) more heavily in a few controlling classes.
c) according to interaction diagram messaging.
22) Which of the following details are required in OO diagrams?
a) Show navigability of associations in conceptual class diagrams.
b) Show different scenario of a use case on the same interaction diagram for clear understanding.
c) Show message sequence numbers in collaboration diagrams.
d) If asynchronous messages exist in a scenario, show them in interaction diagrams
23) Based on the activity diagram in Figure Activity, which activities can occur concurrently?
a) Generate closing paperwork, Schedule closing
b) Get property appraised, Verify assets, Check credit rating
c) All the activities can occur concurrently
d) The custom servlet name, is used as part of the URL used to invoke it.
Regards,<br /> <br />Ahsan Jamil<br />SCJP, SCWCD, IBM OOAD
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
Ahsan - It might be better if you detail the areas that you are having problems with. If you just want the answers to the questions, these are well covered in the archives. If you want help with some of the ideas, then can I suggest you post a followup with the specifics? regards, paul.
Joined: Aug 24, 2001
hi , How can i found answers of questions of pre-assessment test of IBM. thanx a lot