This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Hi, These are the some of the questions from IBM ICE Enterprise connectivity test. In two sections(Assembly and deplyoment and web components developemnt) i didnt score 100%. These are my answers. Can you please guide which are wrong and what is the correct answer? Assembly and deployment (only 1 is wrong out of 5 questions). 1) A developer buys a set of third party EJBs. Which of the following are included in the EJB .jar file? * a) Bean classes. * b) Remote interfaces. * c) Home interfaces. d) Source code. 2) Deployment-specific information for an EJB is located in: a) the bean class's BeanInfo class. b) the properties variable of the home interface. *c) an XML deployment descriptor. d) the server's ejb.properties file.
3) Which of the following MUST be declared for a CMP Entity Bean in its deployment descriptor? *a) Bean class. b) Database connection factory reference. *c) Home and remote interfaces. *d) Primary key class.
4) Transaction isolation levels in EJBs are: *a) set by the bean developer for bean-managed transactions. *b) set by the deployer for container-managed transactions. *c) specified to the method level. d) specified to the class level only.
5) In deployment descriptors, security roles and method permissions: a) can be shared across EJBs. *b) can utilize wildcard characters to authorize multiple methods at one time. *c) can be defined during deployment. *d) are mapped to actual user groups during deployment. Web components development(3 question are wrong in this section) 1) A servlet counts the number of times it has been called using an incrementCount() method. During testing, the developer verifies that the servlet accurately counts the requests from a number of clients. Which of the following BEST explains this fact? a) The web or application server supports activation and passivation of the servlet. b) The HttpServlet class is designed to share state data across all its instances. * c) The same servlet instance services all the requests. d) The servlet doGet( ) method has been marked as synchronized.
2) When comparing servlets and JSPs, which of the following are true? a) JSPs provide better performance than servlets. b) JSPs may call servlets and servlets may also call JSPs. * c) A JSP must be compiled into a servlet before it can be used. * d) Initialization and destruction behavior is supported in both servlets and JSPs.
3) Which of the following implicit page objects are available for a JSP error page, that is, one with an "isErrorPage=true" page directive? * a) application b) throwable * c) exception * d) config
5) Implementing the SingleThreadModel interface : a) requires all servlet methods be declared as synchronized. * b) guarantees that synchronization problems will never occur. c) may have a negative impact on performance. * d) prevents multiple HTTP request threads from accessing a single servlet instance concurrently. 6) Most web applications require logic for validating form input and determining the next page to display. Given long term maintenance and reuse objectives, what is the BEST design to implement this logic? a) A JSP that both validates form input and determines the next page. * b) Validate form input in a JSP and determine the next page in a servlet. c) Validate form input in a servlet and determine the next page in a JSP. d) A servlet both validates form input and determines the next page. Thanks in advance,
------------------ Narasimha Reddy --------------- SCJP2 IBM OOAD with UML IBM enterprise connectivity test Oracle-SQL and PL/SQL.
Narasimha Reddy<BR>---------------<BR>Sun certified Enterprise architect(Part-I)<BR>Sun Certified Web Component Developer<BR>IBM Certified in OOAD with UML<BR>IBM Certified in enterprise connectivity test<BR>Oracle Certified in SQL and PL/SQL.<BR>Sun Certified Java2 Programmer
Well, you need to go back and revisit the questions on JSP's and servlets -- think about the fact that you can use jsp:include and jsp:forward tags in a JSP to refer to any URL, including a servlet URL... Also, think about what happens when you implement SingleThreadModel in a servlet -- since you've now forced N threads to synchronize on one instance of a class wouldn't you imagine that it would impact the performance of your application? Kyle ------------------ Kyle Brown, Author of Enterprise Java (tm) Programming with IBM Websphere See my homepage at http://members.aol.com/kgb1001001 for other WebSphere information.
Hi kyle, As u suggested, SingleThreadModel will lead to negative performance. That is correct. But in that servlets and jsp question, only two options are correct and i think even the last option 'initialization and destruction is supported in servelets and jsp' as u can declare jspinit and jspdestroy methods in jsp page. Any advices what other answers are wrong???