• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

* Welcome Scott Selikoff & Jeanne Boyarsky

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Python Java Linux
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This week, we're delighted to have Scott Selikoff & Jeanne Boyarsky helping to answer questions about the new book OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Developer Complete Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-815, Exam 1Z0-816, and Exam 1Z0-817.

The promotion starts Tuesday, September 1st, 2020 and will end on Friday, September 4th, 2020

We'll be selecting four random posters in this forum to win a free copy of the book provided by the publisher, Sybex.

Image from https://m.media-amazon.com

Please see the Book Promotion page to ensure your best chances at winning!

Posts in this welcome thread are not eligible for the drawing, and should be reserved for welcoming the author. Questions posted in this topic are subject to removal.

[edited to fix image link]

Greenhorn
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would like to thank  Jeanne and Scott    for helping me land a job with a better salary and in a much better company than I was working with previously.  

I had used their Java SE 8 books for my preparation. These books helped me in my interview preparation by giving me a deep understanding of topics.

Before reading them, I had already gone through Oracle's Java tutorials, still I discovered many things which I didn't know about. They had many things which we usually don't find online when we search for those topics.

The quizzes at the end were challenging and not just there to check if I remember something I read from the chapter but to rather build concepts and think about the topic from a perspective which you previously didn't think.

Even though I didn't use these books for their intended objective i.e. to clear Java certifications but I gained a lot of knowledge which helped me answer conceptual Java interview questions.

Thanks  

Marshal
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome but I think I might have seen you here before. I see you already have lots of questions to answer.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tim Cooke wrote:This week, we're delighted to have Scott Selikoff & Jeanne Boyarsky helping to answer questions

Hi reputedAutor

To day being FirstSeptemner,,on behalf of the Forum I wish a very splenfid seession that makes everyone happy and knowledgable

As
CRMK

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ashish,
That's awesome. Knowing Java better definitely makes one a better developer, whether taking the exam or not!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi! I have only the older se 8 oca/ocp/and an ocm books. I have a solely ocp dedicated one that is actually by you both, ocp java se 8. My first time opening one of these books i was so intimidated. I dont have a cert but i always come back to the books trying to learn no matter how long of ive left feeling defeated. Im currently back in the groove of learning again. Simply having these study guide books I feel a whole new me and a better future is just waiting for me understand the content. Im a bit more familiar with terms now so i can somewhat of follow along . I once took all the sample questions and put them into eclipse over a period of a few months one time. I still have that workspace.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello!

I have just recently passed OCP Java 8 Examination and I am looking forward to taking the OCP Java 11 Upgrade Exam.
According to my colleagues who have the passed the Java 11 Exam, your book was a great help!
And so I am greatly excited to begin my study journey towards becoming OCP Java 11 Certified with the help of your book as my study companion.

Thank you!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome Scott Selikoff & Jeanne Boyarsky

Yes I need one for me. Working in Java 8 still but has a strong desire and need to move to Java 11.

Greenhorn
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Scott and Jeanne,

Nice to see you here.
I was reading your previous books about Oracle Certification, when I was preparing for my OCA and OCP Java 8 exam.

author
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ashish Padalkar wrote:These books helped me in my interview preparation by giving me a deep understanding of topics.

Before reading them, I had already gone through Oracle's Java tutorials, still I discovered many things which I didn't know about. They had many things which we usually don't find online when we search for those topics.

Thank you so much for these kind words!  While we want our readers to become certified, I think the true value in obtaining a certification is improving your own skills.  So even without the cert, I'm glad it made you a better programmer.  And congrats on the job!  

Greenhorn
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I need this book for prepare my java11 certification

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies