• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Managed server hanging on shutdown and restart since adding and deleting shared libraries

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am working in an environment where we are updating an oc4j application from Struts 1 to Struts 2 in WebLogic 12.1.3. Last week a fellow developer showed me how to locate some shared libraries in the old application and bring them over in to my new application. I did the copy and pasting of the JAR files just before shutting down for the day on a Friday. When I came back to work Monday my application wouldn't work, so I uninstalled all the JAR files I had copied from the week before. I had copied the files into the autodeploy folder in my domain and also in the WEB-INF lib folder in my application.

After I uninstalled the JAR files in both locations, my application ran, however, my Managed Server constantly times out on shutdown or restart and I receive an error message and have to restart Eclipse. I did an observation of the server status today in the Admin console, and it appears that my managed server is not shutting down even when I close Eclipse. If I refresh the console web page it shows my Managed Server as still running. This behavior did not being until I installed and uninstalled those shared library jar files from the old oc4j application.

Can anyone give me any insight as to how I can get my server running quickly and healthy again?

Thanks.

Bartender
Mac OS X Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Ramdu Johnson wrote: I had copied the files into the autodeploy folder in my domain .

Don't do this. The autodeploy folder is only for applications, not for application dependencies.

Ramdu Johnson wrote:
After I uninstalled the JAR files in both locations, my application ran, however, my Managed Server constantly times out on shutdown or restart and I receive an error message and have to restart Eclipse.

Do you see any error messages in the server logs? My wild guess is that your server deployed something that you dropped into the autodeploy directory and when you deleted it, did not undeploy it properly. Check the server console for deployment errors.
If someone else has a working domain, you can just copy it over (make sure to save your domain by renaming the domain directory just in case). The more "correct" way to move a domain is to use the pack command. This command will fix machine specific domain information (paths, server names, etc.). I find it useful for moving domains between servers. For development machines, we just copy the domain directory.

If you open the box, you will find Heisenberg strangling Shrodenger's cat. And waving this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic