• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Tim Cooke
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • paul wheaton
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown
  • Tim Holloway
Bartenders:
  • Martijn Verburg
  • Frits Walraven
  • Himai Minh

Technical Application Manager - Portal - New York Westbury

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Eclipsys Corporation a publicly traded global healthcare information technology and services company, with over 2000 employees worldwide provides award-winning clinical, financial, and administrative systems to many of the largest and most prestigious hospitals, medical centers and integrated healthcare delivery networks in the country. We are driven by our vision of significantly improving the efficiency and overall quality of healthcare with the products and services we provide.


We are currently seeking a Technical Application Manager � Portal at our client site in Westbury, Long Island. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and managing a corporate intranet for a large and complex organization, and will possess broad technical skills including working knowledge of portal technologies and web development. In addition, the ideal candidate has previously managed a staff of 5-10 technical employees, including responsibility for performance goal setting and evaluations, technical mentoring, and managing multiple activities and tasks. Setting and meeting client expectations is a major part of this role, so previous success in client relationship management is a must.

Primary responsibilities of position:

� Incumbent has technical and functional responsibilities for corporate / employee intranet for a large healthcare provider
� Responsible for managing the client relationship and partnering with the NSLIJ business owner to understand and meet business needs
� Management of day to day production support activities and new technology initiatives related to these applications
� Follows application development lifecycle methods and disciplined change management
� Personnel manager for a team of 5-6 staff including roles such as: portal architect, web developers/administrators and technical programmers. Responsibilities include setting performance goals and conducting evaluations, mentoring and coaching employees as needed.
� This individual will work with the client to translate the defined business strategy into technical solutions, do feasibility assessments and identify the appropriate technical approach to meet those needs.
� Responsible to ensure all application deliverables are of high quality and are architecturally sound.
� This role requires juggling many concurrent requests, supporting a gradual rollout of new functionality.
� In addition, as part of proactive website health monitoring, drive development and use of monitoring tools to maintain service levels and prevent problems before they occur.

The position requires about 25% of the time focused on working closely with the client to develop plans and strategy for the Portal. The remaining 75% of the time will be spent on task management and delegation, management of staff, technical architecture and development of solutions.

Specific experience / skills required:
� This individual must have a proven track record in designing, building, and managing enterprise portals (Websphere, Oracle, Weblogic, Sharepoint, Vignette), particularly corporate intranet sites
� Skilled at building and managing client relationships and be politically savvy
� Significant implementation experience and a proven track record in architecting J2EE compliant web solutions.
� Experience in managing multi-tiered distributed and web services based application architecture (ex: SOA framework)
� Preference

Apply:

http://www.careermetasearch.com/Public/job_preview_popup.aspx?pb=1&id=54563
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic