The interesting thing is that the included file (between the HEAD tags) isn't being read in. When I run the page using the Windows servers (which I know has nothing to do with the JS since it's client), it has no trouble reading in the code. I know this because I've included a debugger; as the first line of the utils.js to force debug mode and I get the box asking me if I want to debug. I don't get the question, however, when I run the same code from the unix box. Help before I go bald (pulling my hair out) -- doesn't look too cool having bald patches when you're a chick. Thanks.
Bear, it just differs in the location. We're using the Websphere Application Server at both the non-problem and the problematic locations. The main difference between them is that the new one is set up as a network server, whatever that means, and our current servers are not. I know very little about the servers.
Well, thanks a lot, Bear. I appreciate the attempt. [ January 16, 2007: Message edited by: Pat Flickner ]
Update: I just found out that a product we're using -- Siteminder -- is interfering with a few of our applications. We've used it successfully on our windows-based servers and our server guy is trying to get it to function correctly on the new Solaris-based server. He thought he got all the kinks out; turns out, that's not the case. One of our pages can't even finish rendering because of Siteminder interference. Everything should be fixed soon, according to the server guys, so that headache I've encountered will no longer be a headache.
Guess I shaved my head for nothing...
A sonic boom would certainly ruin a giant souffle. But this tiny ad would protect it:
SKIP - a book about connecting industrious people with elderly land owners