Originally posted by Dhiren Joshi:
If I use the search with a POJO-->DAO, is it recommended to using plain DO or composite Entity Beans to create the search result VLH results.
IF I using the Entity beans I have too much of unnecessary resource utilization of creating EJB's.
If I use the plain DO : too many of java objects instantiated in memory which are not resource managed by the container..
Not sure which is the right way to go with this.
1. Use VLH to get a list of flights.
2. Customer chooses a flight and want to see seats, and other flight details.
3. Create a FlightEJB for that flight.
4. VLH gets a list of seats for that flight.
5. Customer chooses seats.
6. SeatEJBs are created for the chosen seats.
7. The chances are that the customer will now buy tickets.
I was not planning to make the flight/seats an entity EJB (composite).
Only the itinerary/segments/bookedseats will be entity beans or 1 entity Composite.
If you know what seats are booked then you will also know what seats are available and...If all seats are booked then the flight will no longer be available. So IMO persisting only the itinerary/segments/bookedseats will
give you all the info you need.
doesn't this imply that the Flight/seat composite does not have to be an entity bean; but should be POJO-DAO?
(At the moment I am not planning to use VLH)
Does this make any sense?