Hi, Though not many ranchers will benefit from this post as today is the last day of the Beta, I am posting this just for the record.
I gave the Beta on 30th. It is not as tough as the Old SCBCD Beta (which I failed). I read the HFEJB, Mastering EJB 3(bit and pieces), the specs, Mikalai's notes and OReilly's book in that order. According to me, the Oreilly book is much better than Mastering EJB3 for clearing the exam. And with some experience and with conceptual understanding, ONLy Mikalais notes are enough.
5 hrs is too much for an exam, I got up in 4 hrs. By the 4th hour, logic and reason had left my brain and confusion was creeping in. So jus t reviewed a few questions and submitted the exam. Son ambigous questions too, which I mentioned in the Comments part.
Most questions were from ejb-core and ejb-persistance. Lifecycle callback methods and transaction atrributes in an inheritance heirarchy, MDBs, easy questions on JPL, 2 relationship types form a gist of the exam.
I appeared for the SCBCD on 2nd Jan, last day for taking Beta exam
I don't know whether the exam dates will be extended or not..but for the sake of information here is what i found in the exam...
1. exam duration makes me pretty tired, at times keeping the level of concentration is difficult.
2. There are a few questions of drag and drop, actually I was expecting many of them
3. Session beans, and MDB questions are simple and straight forward, you have to know the basics, lifecycle methods, and annotations as well.
4. Too many questions on Persistence, naturally as exam contains 180 questions, it has to happen that way...I personally found that O'reilly's contents of Java persistence are awesome and help me like anything. There are odd questions which make you think a little bit, or mark a question and try in second run
5. Interceptors, Callbacks, Timers and other stuff like 7 EJB roles, JNDI questions were pretty straight forward....Timers are little tricky...atleast for my exam
6. Finally, I simply not able to answer questions on ApplicationException with confidence....reasons..I haven't read any chaptor in any book called as "Exceptions", questions were pretty difficult and they come at the time when my concentration level is so low....
I thank Sun microsystems for giving me the chance to appear for the beta..one suggestion however..can we have a beta exam software to break the exam in 2 parts and have a break of 15-30 mins in between???
sitting for 5 and half hours without a break and keeping the concentration level for all the questions becomes really difficult..I dont know about other ranchers experience.
Have a great year to all ranchers.
I suggest huckleberry pie. But the only thing on the gluten free menu is this tiny ad: