• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Jj Roberts
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
  • Piet Souris

Need Help: WSAD5.0->WAS5.1 web services

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

I have developed a java based web service using Websphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 (WSAD) and have deployed it on the websphere application server 5.1. (WAS5.1)

Now the problem is that I don�t know if the web service is properly deployed or not. When I open the Trivoli performance viewer it shows my application as a web application not as a web service. I have check that all the required xml files are there.(dds.xml,soap.xml,web.xml) but still its not showing it as a web service.

These are the steps I have followed to develop and deploy the web service..
1.Created a enterprise application project.
2.Added a web project to it.
3.Created 7 web services in the web project.
4.Tested them using the test environment server in WSAD.
5.exported enterprise application into a ear file.
6.installed the ear file in the WAS5.1
7.restarted the WAS5.1

I don�t if I am missing anything. Please let me know if I am missing any step or any concept. Are there any incompatibility issues.

Please let me know anything that might be useful in troubleshooting this problem as I am running short of time.

Let me know if any needs some more info.

With regards
Chai
PS: the web service seems to running fine as I can use my test clients to get the result. But third party using different web service environment is not able to access my web service. So I first want to find out if the development and deployment part of my web service is fine.
 
Don't count your weasels before they've popped. And now for a mulberry bush related tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic