• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Axis client calling .NET Web service

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 45
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am calling a .NET web service from an axis client running on tomcat 5.0.
I got [ns1:VerifyEmailResult: null] as a result while I got the perfect xml response when I run this program as standalone.

Here's what I printed on the screen

Result: [ns1:VerifyEmailResult: null]
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
....

Notice that I also got an error 'Content is not allowed in prolog'. Is it because the program trying to parse illegal xml string?

One more thing, In standalone app, I use crimson as a parser, but tomcat uses xerces. I tested more by adding xerces lib to my standalone app and I got the same error as I got from tomcat.
It seems like xerces is the real problem. How do I solve this problem?
I'm not sure that I can remove xerces lib from my web app.

P.S. I've tried using crimson instead of xerces by setting these system properties

<system-property javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=
"org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"/>
<system-property javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=
"org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl""/>

but it led me to another error

java.lang.IllegalStateException: can't declare any more prefixes in this context
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:691)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:185)
at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:369)
at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:420)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:482)
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic