Win a copy of TensorFlow 2.0 in Action this week in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Paul Clapham
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Tim Cooke
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Jj Roberts
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • salvin francis
  • Scott Selikoff
  • fred rosenberger

Sun Will Discontinue SCJP 1.4 Certification Exam

 
Java Cert Herder
Posts: 174
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just a friendly reminder, that Sun announced back in July the discontinuation of the SCJP 1.4 certification exams below.


Discontinued Certification Exams

Please note that Sun will discontinue the following exams in all distributed languages:

Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 (CX-310-035)
Upgrade Exam: Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 (CX-310-036)
ePractice for the Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 (WGS-PREX-J035)

This will be effective October 31, 2008. If you hold an exam voucher for any of the mentioned certification exams, you have through November 28th, 2008 to take the exam at an authorized Prometric worldwide testing center.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for the reminder.

Originally posted by Evelyn Cartagena-Meyer:
This will be effective October 31, 2008. If you hold an exam voucher for any of the mentioned certification exams, you have through November 28th, 2008 to take the exam at an authorized Prometric worldwide testing center.




If we buy the voucher for the exam 'after' Oct 31, the last day to take the 1.4 exam is on Nov 28th, right? What if we buy the voucher now, is the last date still Nov 28th?

What if someone fail and need to take it again after 2 weeks? Have to book the test date early then, right?

(but knock-on-wood, one time will be enough).

Thank you.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 114
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by LS chin:
If we buy the voucher for the exam 'after' Oct 31, the last day to take the 1.4 exam is on Nov 28th, right? What if we buy the voucher now, is the last date still Nov 28th?



As far as I understood, you're right. However, why are you going to take SCJP 1.4? If I were you, I would take SCJP 1.5 or 1.6. It is updated and you certainly will study/learn stuffs more fun, such as: generics, auto boxing and so on.

ps: I took my SCJP in 2005 and one day I hope to take the upgrade exam , but right now, my target is SCBCD 5
 
Ls chin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 99
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Jair,

Originally posted by Jair Rillo Junior:
It is updated and you certainly will study/learn stuffs more fun, such as: generics, auto boxing and so on.



Auto-boxing and generics is fun? I don't need it! My brain is hurting from too much studying already.

Originally posted by Jair Rillo Junior:
ps: I took my SCJP in 2005 and one day I hope to take the upgrade exam , but right now, my target is SCBCD 5



That's cool. Tell us how it goes, k.
 
Java Cowboy
Posts: 16084
88
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by LS chin:
Auto-boxing and generics is fun? I don't need it! My brain is hurting from too much studying already.


Are you sure about that? I guess that one of the most common reasons why people want to get certified in Java is because they want to get a job as a Java programmer. Your future employer will expect that you know Java, including auto-boxing and generics. So you see, you do need to know these topics.
 
My favorite is a chocolate cupcake with white frosting and tiny ad sprinkles.
the value of filler advertising in 2020
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic