Win a copy of Micro Frontends in Action this week in the Server-Side JavaScript and NodeJS forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Scott Selikoff
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown

more than one offers at hand?

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 365
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How do you handle it? How do you make the first one wait till the last one you are waiting to make an offer finally does so!

I have one in hand, one offer waiting[I expect to hear from them soon] and two big companies Im tempting to apply to. What to do?

Share some tips please.

Regards,
Tina
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1704
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you feel second compay is better than first one you can post pone your joining date in first company. And explain the situation with second company that you are interested in their offer but you already have offer and so if they can take decision as early as possible it will be helpful for you.

In other way just join in first company, and when you got the second offer if you feel it better than first one just resign and join in second company. But dont just escape from first one with out saying anything. Thats bad that I seen lot of people leaving the company without saying single word when they got another offer.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 469
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
KJ is right,
I had similar scenario, so I told the second company to give me fast reply because of my other offer. Not only they replied in one day, they promised to beat the first offer if I choose to join them.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 68
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Tina Desai:
How do you handle it? How do you make the first one wait till the last one you are waiting to make an offer finally does so!

I have one in hand, one offer waiting[I expect to hear from them soon] and two big companies Im tempting to apply to. What to do?

Share some tips please.

Regards,
Tina



Hi Tina,
So you've finally got back to India. How was your job searching experience in UK? Did you actually manage to get a job over there?
I know these are kinda personal questions but I am just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 451
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sometimes you just have to turn down the first offer and wait. Other times you can tell them you wish to go through the complete process of talking to several companies before you decide - so you can be very sure before making a lasting committment.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic