Win a copy of Rust Web Development this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Rob Spoor
  • Paul Clapham
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Tim Moores
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven

Having Trouble Configuring a JNDI Connection

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3271
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to run an existing web app on my machine (using WSAD as an IDE) and I continually get an error when the app tries to perform a JNDI datasource lookup. Here is the code being executed:



And here is some of the stack trace I get when the exception occurs:



In that, it looks like I'm missing a class, com/microsoft/jdbcx/base/BaseXADataSource. Anyone know what that class is or where it might be found?

Thanks,
Corey
[ November 01, 2004: Message edited by: Corey McGlone ]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15304
6
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
That class belongs to the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver
 
Corey McGlone
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3271
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Gah! Thanks for the tip, Gregg. I think I'm just the kind of person that needs to verbalize (or at least write down) my problems. As soon as I finished this post, I checked out my classpath settings. While all 3 JDBC driver JAR files were defined for my JNDI data source settings, only 1 of the 3 was defined in my app server class path settings.

Putting the other 2 in there solved my problem. Sometimes, I hate IDE's - they hide too much.

At least it's working now. Thanks again, Gregg.
 
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic