• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Paul Clapham
  • Rob Spoor
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:

[Problem Solved!] Problem using CMP EJBs (Thanks in advance!)

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Here is a snippet of the trace (the full trace can be found below) I get when I attempt a create on a deployed bean:



I have a JAAS alias corresponding to the application account on my db
server (SQLServer 2000). The beans all reference the proper data sources,
use the same authentication as defined by the data sources in the server
config file, and the JNDI names for all of my data sources are valid.
Furthermore, the beans show up in the jndi explorer but all method calls
on the beans fail!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

FULL TRACE:


[ March 23, 2005: Message edited by: Daniel Holt ]
[ March 27, 2005: Message edited by: Daniel Holt ]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 704
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Daniel,

And welcome to JavaRanch. Please let me know if this does the trick:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?message=3579000&cat=9&thread=16307&forum=276#3579000
regards.
 
Daniel Holt
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Valentin,

Thanks for the quick response and thanks for the welcome! Ironically, I looked at the post you mentioned right before I read your reply. I follwed the instructions (my current scope --> Scope: Cell=localhost, Node=localhost, Server=server1) but I still have the same issue.


Originally posted by Valentin Tanase:
Hi Daniel,

And welcome to JavaRanch. Please let me know if this does the trick:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?message=3579000&cat=9&thread=16307&forum=276#3579000
regards.

 
Daniel Holt
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks again for the help! After I changed the data source helper class
(to the one supplied by microsoft) I closely inspected the stack trace.
The default create() method on my EJBs forced null values into fields that
are declared NOT NULL in my db! All I had to do was create new
ejbPostCreate(), postCreate() and [ejbC|c]reate() in my interfaces and
bean class, have WSAD regenerate the deployment code, restart my server
and BOOM--problem solved!


[ March 27, 2005: Message edited by: Daniel Holt ]
 
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic