• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Executable-Java!

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 59
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Java Friends
Can any of you please point out what is the most important error/reason causing the program tiedup with this error message :nosuchmethods ,though it is an errorless one on compilation.(
1)The classfile is created.
2)the objects are there.
3)main method is available(with static/without static tried)
But still it is not executing.
Shall I forward the code on hearing from you
Best Wishes for a solution.
Thanks
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar
 
Bartender
Posts: 612
7
Mac OS X Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Please post the source code and the exact message you are encountering.
 
C.R.Muthukumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 59
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Steve Fahlbusch:
Please post the source code and the exact message you are encountering.



Hello
Please try to treat the program emphasising more on object orientation consisting of a large number of functions.Subsequent to recent compilation the result of the same is indicated as only Solution without the output.
The details are as under

1)function(f(x,y)
2)xo,yo
3)increment h
4)number of y values to be found.n
Using Euler's method the following values will be computed
x1,x2,x3 ...xn,y1,y2,y3...yn
The algorithm is:
1)for i=0 to n-1
2)xi+1=xi+h
3)yi+1=yi+hf(x,y)
4)print xi+1,yi+1
5)next i
6)end

The code:
import java.text.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.lang.Math;
import java.lang.Number;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
public class EulerIVP1 extends JFrame implements ActionListener{
int n;
double h;
double x[],y[],f[];
public void EulerIVP1(int n,double ax,double ay,double h)
{

setTitle("Euler");
setLayout(new FlowLayout());
addWindowListener(new WH());

this.n=n;
x = new double[n];
y = new double[n];
f = new double[n];
x[0]= ax;

for (int i=1; i<n+1; i++)
x[i] = x[0] + (double)i * h;
y[0] = ay;
}


public double findf(double x, double y)
{
double f = x*x + y*y;
return f;
}

class WH extends WindowAdapter{

public void windowClosing(WindowEvent e)
{
System.exit(0);
}

}



public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{
if(e.getActionCommand().equals(displaySolution()));

JFrame frame= new JFrame();


EulerIVP1 eqn;
eqn=new EulerIVP1();

eqn.setBounds(1,1,200,300);
eqn.findSolution();
eqn.displaySolution();
eqn.setVisible(true);
eqn.show();


}

public double findSolution()
{

for(int i=1;i < n+1;i++)
{
f[i] = findf(x[i],y[i]);
y[i+i] = y[i] + h * f[i];
}
return;
}
public double displaySolution()
{
System.out.println("Solution");
for (int i=1;i<n+1;i++)
{

System.out.println("x:"+ x[i] + "y:" +y[i]);

}
return;
}

public static double main(String[] args){

double ax;
double ay;
int n=0;
double h=0.5;
EulerIVP1 eqn=new EulerIVP1();
JFrame frame= new JFrame();

eqn.setBounds(1,1,200,300);
eqn.findSolution();
eqn.displaySolution();
eqn.setVisible(true);
eqn.show();

}
}
Hope to get the solutions with the output for this numerical computations
Thanking You
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar
 
C.R.Muthukumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 59
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar:


Hello
Please try to treat the program emphasising more on object orientation consisting of a large number of functions.Subsequent to recent compilation the result of the same is indicated as only Solution without the output.
The details are as under

1)function(f(x,y)
2)xo,yo
3)increment h
4)number of y values to be found.n
Using Euler's method the following values will be computed
x1,x2,x3 ...xn,y1,y2,y3...yn
The algorithm is:
1)for i=0 to n-1
2)xi+1=xi+h
3)yi+1=yi+hf(x,y)
4)print xi+1,yi+1
5)next i
6)end

The code:
import java.text.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.lang.Math;
import java.lang.Number;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
public class EulerIVP1 extends JFrame implements ActionListener{
int n;
double h;
double x[],y[],f[];
public void EulerIVP1(int n,double ax,double ay,double h)
{

setTitle("Euler");
setLayout(new FlowLayout());
addWindowListener(new WH());

this.n=n;
x = new double[n];
y = new double[n];
f = new double[n];
x[0]= ax;

for (int i=1; i<n+1; i++)
x[i] = x[0] + (double)i * h;
y[0] = ay;
}


public double findf(double x, double y)
{
double f = x*x + y*y;
return f;
}

class WH extends WindowAdapter{

public void windowClosing(WindowEvent e)
{
System.exit(0);
}

}



public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{
if(e.getActionCommand().equals(displaySolution()));

JFrame frame= new JFrame();


EulerIVP1 eqn;
eqn=new EulerIVP1();

eqn.setBounds(1,1,200,300);
eqn.findSolution();
eqn.displaySolution();
eqn.setVisible(true);
eqn.show();


}

public double findSolution()
{

for(int i=1;i < n+1;i++)
{
f[i] = findf(x[i],y[i]);
y[i+i] = y[i] + h * f[i];
}
return;
}
public double displaySolution()
{
System.out.println("Solution");
for (int i=1;i<n+1;i++)
{

System.out.println("x:"+ x[i] + "y:" +y[i]);

}
return;
}

public static double main(String[] args){

double ax;
double ay;
int n=0;
double h=0.5;
EulerIVP1 eqn=new EulerIVP1();
JFrame frame= new JFrame();

eqn.setBounds(1,1,200,300);
eqn.findSolution();
eqn.displaySolution();
eqn.setVisible(true);
eqn.show();

}
}
Hope to get the solutions with the output for this numerical computations
Thanking You
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar



The same Java Code now given under concrete datas and with slight modification is being brought forward to indicate that success always follow
when the job is done in a plethora of times .
Thanks
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar



 
C.R.Muthukumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 59
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by C.R.Muthukumar Muthukumar:


The same Java Code now given under concrete datas and with slight modification is being brought forward to indicate that success always follow
when the job is done in a plethora of times .
Thanks
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar





Hello RanchHands,
I was able to code the above Euler'sIVP program successfully rendering output. Howevevr,a similar program,coded for obtaining the MagicSquare,though,fully clears in compilation, the output is not forthcoming.Can any of ranchhands or their superiors help out for worthwhile modification.
Thanks
As Always
C.R.Muthukumar


 
permaculture is a more symbiotic relationship with nature so I can be even lazier. Read tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic