Win a copy of Svelte and Sapper in Action this week in the JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
  • Scott Selikoff
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown

US tax return

Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers,

I had been to USA on L1 and was there for 3 months last year. Now I am back to my home country and need to file tax returns for the income in USA. I have got my W2 with me.

Unfortunatley I have closed my USA bank account. I wanted to know, can I file my return online ( through the freefile sites) even if I am physically not in USA.

Can I provide a friend's US account details for the refunds to be credited.

If not what alternatives do I have to file the returns and get the refund. Anyone aware of any tax consultant who will do the job? Usually how much do they charge?

I will greatly appreciate any information you provide. I am kinda lost regarding what to do.

Thanks in advance,
permaculture is largely about replacing oil with people. And one tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic