This week's book giveaway is in the JavaScript forum.
We're giving away four copies of Svelte and Sapper in Action and have Mark Volkmann on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of Svelte and Sapper in Action this week in the JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Scott Selikoff
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown

Pet dogs of your boss in office

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It is common to find pet dogs of your boss in your office.

Why there is no control on these pets?

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 637
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:
It is common to find pet dogs of your boss in your office.



You're mistaken. It isn't.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8943
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Did your boss bring his pet mouse to office ?
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Pradip Bhat:
Did your boss bring his pet mouse to office ?



I am talking about some employee among all employee in the office who behave like boss pet.They always try buttering the boss rather than doing his work.

 
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8943
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


I am talking about some employee among all employee in the office who behave like boss pet.They always try buttering the boss rather than doing his work.



ok.Why dont you post clearly.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Pradip Bhat:


ok.Why dont you post clearly.



 
Stuart Ash
Ranch Hand
Posts: 637
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


I am talking about some employee among all employee in the office who behave like boss pet.They always try buttering the boss rather than doing his work.



LOL Is that what you meant? Thanks for clarifying!

 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Stuart Ash:


LOL Is that what you meant? Thanks for clarifying!



What do you think about these pets ?
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 937
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
These pet dogs are also knows as A** KISSERS. Most of them I have seen are not good in work but they are good pet dogs.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5390
1
Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by thara nambiar:
they are good pet dogs.



WHatever you call them.. but its an art to keep your master(or boss) happy.. and if they do with out doing their work then they are smarter than you
 
sunitha reghu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 937
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ravish, I agree with you. Unfortunately I dont have that skill and I dont want that skill and I hate these pet dogs.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3640
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by thara nambiar:
Ravish, I agree with you. Unfortunately I dont have that skill and I dont want that skill and I hate these pet dogs.



Is it "I dont have that skill" that is why "I hate these pet dogs"
 
Stuart Ash
Ranch Hand
Posts: 637
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


What do you think about these pets ?



Tie 'em up.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by R K Singh:


WHatever you call them.. but its an art to keep your master(or boss) happy.. and if they do with out doing their work then they are smarter than you



I hate these pet dogs. And i am happy that i dont have that skills.
 
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 8943
Firefox Browser Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


I hate these pet dogs. And i am happy that i dont have that skills.



 
Stuart Ash
Ranch Hand
Posts: 637
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


I hate these pet dogs. And i am happy that i dont have that skills.



S'there anyone who loves them???
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Stuart Ash:


S'there anyone who loves them???



Yes.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Stuart Ash:


S'there anyone who loves them???



May Be R.K. Singh, Who was talking in the favour of these pets
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 478
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Throw them a bone and they will wag their tail when they see you.
Avoid them and maybe someday they will bite you.
 
Rancher
Posts: 43016
76
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

It is common to find pet dogs of your boss in your office.



I see you've been reading last weeks Dilbert. The pet was drawn very nicely.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Ajay Mathew:
Throw them a bone and they will wag their tail when they see you.
Avoid them and maybe someday they will bite you.



 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The Song " Who let the dog out" suits well on these kind of pets

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 124
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thats one of the art. I dont understand why people blame others (qualiified) if they cant do the same job.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Patil:
Thats one of the art. I dont understand why people blame others (qualiified) if they cant do the same job.



You are mistaken

There is always a good and a bad part of everything.

like good art and bad art

like good habits and bad habits

like good boy and bad boy


What you are saying or supporting is a bad art .

And i think one should not follow( do ) this kind of job



 
Sachin Patil
Ranch Hand
Posts: 124
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
you seem to be too authentical who defines good and bad?
any way, its upto one whats good. I dony believe in theory that if one cant achieve something its bad.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Patil:
you seem to be too authentical who defines good and bad?
any way, its upto one whats good. I dony believe in theory that if one cant achieve something its bad.



Ok Let see , What other says

I request to all ranchers to post their comments on this.

just tell ,Is it a good practice or bad practice to be the pet dog of your boss.





 
town drunk
( and author)
Posts: 4118
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well, dog is pretty prejoritive, so I'm not sure this is a fair question, as stated.

Yes, you want to be your boss's favorite employee. But yes, you also want to be everyone else's favorite employee too. If your officemates hate you, that's probably not a good thing. And of course, you don't ever want to compromise your dignity.

M
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 469
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Max Habibi:
Yes, you want to be your boss's favorite employee. But yes, you also want to be everyone else's favorite employee too.
M



I find those managers who have "favorites" not objective thinkers. And it is not fault of the "A** Kissers", it is rather manager's fault that they allow someone to kiss it. That creates unhealthy atmosphere.
 
Sania Marsh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 469
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


Is it a good practice or bad practice to be the pet dog of your boss.



I think one can try whatever they want in their life.How good or not good this practice is individual to everyone.

However I also don't like such people, and if my manager is stupid enough to let them behave so, then probably I should be under different manager.
Those people are not really "pets" by nature they are just two-faced, weak people, they realize their weakness and they try to survive their own way.
They are scared of competition, don't have noble goals and are not confident in themselves. I think it is a waste for me to even hate them, they don't deserve it. Same goes to managers that allow that, they are either too dumb or are worried for their position, either way they are not a management material.
 
Sania Marsh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 469
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
By the way, I used to work for a guy who used to bring his dog to office (a real dog). I loved her.
 
Sania Marsh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 469
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Patil:
Thats one of the art. I dont understand why people blame others (qualiified) if they cant do the same job.



I cannot agree it is an art.

Art usually moves the progress, it is something people look up to, something that inspires others.
"Kissing up" doesn't create any of that. It actually creates the opposite.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Patil:
you seem to be too authentical who defines good and bad?
any way, its upto one whats good. I dony believe in theory that if one cant achieve something its bad.



Mr. Sachin ,What you want to say now, when so many of us posted their comments.

I am agree with the sania's statement.
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sania Marsh:


I cannot agree it is an art.

Art usually moves the progress, it is something people look up to, something that inspires others.
"Kissing up" doesn't create any of that. It actually creates the opposite.



Thanks for giving such a great comment on this topic.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 311
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sania Marsh:
By the way, I used to work for a guy who used to bring his dog to office (a real dog). I loved her.



Potetially Confusing

Kindly clarify..

Ramy
 
Sachin Patil
Ranch Hand
Posts: 124
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta
Mr. Sachin ,What you want to say now, when so many of us posted their comments.

I am agree with the sania's statement.



Look, I am not encouraging anybody to be a pet or whatever. Its a just opinion I have and I believe whether its good or bad art, its an art. Its not easy to please somebody, (who we believe and authorised to manage something), without the abilty to perform what is required. So it takes an extra ordinary skill (again art???) to achieve ones praise especially the boss's.
[ November 20, 2005: Message edited by: Sachin Patil ]
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sachin Patil:


Look, I am not encouraging anybody to be a pet or whatever. Its a just opinion I have and I believe whether its good or bad art, its an art. Its not easy to please somebody, (who we believe and authorised to manage something), without the abilty to perform what is required. So it takes an extra ordinary skill (again art???) to achieve ones praise especially the boss's.

[ November 20, 2005: Message edited by: Sachin Patil ]




See the sania's post

However I also don't like such people, and if my manager is stupid enough to let them behave so, then probably I should be under different manager.

May be you are saying right. But it's very hard for me to accept it as
an art.Because it's just a stupid thing
 
Sunil Kumar Gupta
Ranch Hand
Posts: 824
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Ramender Mall:


Potetially Confusing

Kindly clarify..

Ramy



I think there is nothing to be confused about.

Sania likes the real dog and not like the person who acts as a dog.


But What is the need of dogs in the office.
 
author
Posts: 4223
33
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Am I the only one that would love to have dogs in the office? So long as they are friendly they'd be great to play with during breaks instead of standing around the water cooler sort to speak.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 687
Hibernate jQuery Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Sunil Kumar Gupta:


Ok Let see , What other says

I request to all ranchers to post their comments on this.

just tell ,Is it a good practice or bad practice to be the pet dog of your boss.



Now that the poll has decided that the "pets" are an unwanted species, so what next? Do we call in the pest control

:roll:
 
Devesh H Rao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 687
Hibernate jQuery Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Scott Selikoff:
Am I the only one that would love to have dogs in the office? So long as they are friendly they'd be great to play with during breaks instead of standing around the water cooler sort to speak.



and you would never have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL, when you have a german pinscher hanging around your workstation.
 
You don't like waffles? Well, do you like this tiny ad?
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic