1) <s:head theme="ajax" debug="true"/>
3) Make sure action accessible via browser (i.e., run it manually)
4) <result name="success">/pages/abc.jsp</result> contents--is it producing valid JSON?
5) Make sure Ajax request being made/response coming back appropriately (via Firebug or proxy etc.)
I set the debug=true. and i see the syntax error on page. I do not know why the syntax error is happening.
Does my page have to show the Map data in source?? it does not show any.
for eg something like this?
Also my ajax action does work, i tried running it manually. actually the ajax action is fired while loading page each time but the list is not populated. Also when user starts
typing the ajax action is not called.
the error just say Syntax error ( DEBUG: [SyntaxError: Syntax error] ) and then shows html source for page. btw, i have multiple rows on page (so multiple autocpmpleters) so i see syntax error and source code.
if i remove the autocompleter then there is no error on page, which means that that's the piece which generates error.
I really do not have any idea what do you mean by
<result name="success">/pages/abc.jsp</result> contents--is it producing valid JSON?
As i am completely new to it.
and about my last reply , i though you are asking me if i see any of the list data in page source. so i said i do not see it.
The autocompleter expects JSON data. If you're not returning JSON data from the action used by the autocompleter tag, it won't work.
1) Are you returning JSON data? The format expected by the tag is detailed in the autocompleter docs--but you must look at the Struts 2.0.11 docs, because after that the documentation describes the Struts 2.1 Ajax tags.
2) Did you change the href attribute used by the autocompleter tag and add the "#" character?
I didn't like the taste of tongue and it didn't like the taste of me. I will now try this tiny ad: