After my long study and review in the preparation of my SCEA5 part 1 exam, I finally got it!
I have passed the Sun Certified Enterprise Architect 5 (SCEA 5) part 1 yesterday with 87% score.
The list of materials I used in my preparation:
1. Java EE tutorial - Sun
2. SCEA Study Sheet - Brian Briggman
3. SCEA study guide - Mark Cade
4. Core J2EE Design Patterns - Best Practices and Design Strategies
5. Design Patterns - Elements of Reusable OO Software
6. Head First Design Patterns - O'Reilly
7. JSF in Action - Kito Mann
8. EJB 3 in Action - Debu Panda
9. SOA using Java Web Services - Mark Hansen
10. SCEA5 Study Guide - Mikalai Zaikin (Security)
11. Other SCEA Links, materials and SCEA Mock exams.
Thanks Ranchers for sharing the valuable information.
There are three parts in the SCEA exam.
Part 1 is a knowledge-based multiple choice exam in which it will test your knowledge in the areas of general architecture and Java EE.
Part 2 is an assignment that tests your ability to apply the knowledge you were tested on in part 1,
and Part 3 is an essay that asks questions about your assignment.
If you read my signature below, I only got SCJA and SCJP. Instead of getting the other Sun Certifications, I took the risk to try the SCEA5 exam, and now I'm happy because it's worth to take the risk.
You may do the same like what I did. My suggestion is you just really concentrate on your SCEA study, focus and also learn how the good architects think and decide.
Congrats Vishal for passing the SCWCD exam and Good luck to your next exam.
Yes, your security topics were very helpful.
If I remember right, the topics I encountered were about Hash Algorithm, Symmetric, Asymmetric, MD5, Man-In-The-Middle, JCA and ByteCode Verifier (need more info here) and others.