• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

Eclipse Refactoring Help

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 25
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,

I am currently working on an Eclipse Java project which is under Subversion source control. I realized that the package names were not correct nor following standard conventions. I want to change them from:

LAVSIM
lavSimDisplay
PECD

to

lavsim
lavsim.display
lavsim.pecd

But, when I attempt to refactor LAVSIM to lavsim, it declares:

"An exception has been caught while processing the refactoring 'Rename Package'.
Reason: Problems encountered while moving resources.
Click 'Undo' to undo all successfully executed changes of the current refactoring.
Click 'Abort' to abort current refactoring.

There is also a Details... button, but the error trace is blank when I click it.

I realize this is likely because I am changing only the case, but I can't seem to find any way of doing this. Any guidance? Thanks for your help.
 
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Try the obvious first--change it to something that differs in more than case.
 
John Danek
Greenhorn
Posts: 25
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I tried that, but ran into problems because of SVN. I changed LAVSIM to LAVSIM2, but then it created this blank package named LAVSIM with a white package icon and a question mark. I couldn't delete, nor could I rename it.
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Try doing an SVN cleanup and mucking around with SVN then--you're probably in a weird state now because of the capitalization change.

In general I never do capitalization-only changes if I'm anywhere near a Windows machine; pretty much guaranteed to hose something up.
 
Popeye has his spinach. I have this tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic