Thanks a lot for all your observations/experiences available @ forum.
On 28th, I cleared SCEA Part -1 with quality score.
What I observe:
1. There were lots of scenario based questions on design pattern and most of them were tricky.
2. Few of the questions directly refer to the concepts of WCD, BCD and JWS,
so if anyone has cleared mentioned certification, they may find these questions straightforward.
3. I had also seen some questions on JSF.
4. Some questions on Security too.
5. There was not a single question related to APIs or UML.
6. There were 3 drag n drop (Application Item) questions.
7. About time, I got chance to review it once!!
8. Approach, In few of the questions I could easily eliminate 2 options, and then choose the best from remaining.
SCEA – Part 1 is a great experience not only because I got a chance to become skilled at so many Java EE concepts in detail, but also agree with the fact that Java Platform, Enterprise Edition technology-compliant applications are scalable, flexible, and highly secure.
Thanks to all the ranchers for helping me and all the best for anyone taking this
Its time to go for Part 2 !!
Sun - SCJA, SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCDJWS, SCEA-1
Oracle - OCA
IBM - RSA