• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
  • salvin francis
  • Stephan van Hulst
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown
  • Jj Roberts

Weblogic Data source

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 492
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Am just creating a data source in weblogic 10 and trying to connect to Oracle using a "Bea oracle type 4Driver". While testing the connection on the using the Test Configuration button am getting "Test successful" message but in the console am getting the below error. As a result my application is unable to connect. Please assist me.



>
 
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Change the table name to something that exists in the DB. Select count(*) from table_name on a small table like a lookup table will help.

The test connections can sometimes fail because of driver related problems. They may also fail even if the connection is valid but the table name specified is incorrect.

Are you able to lookup the JDBC connection ?
 
Meet Gaurav
Ranch Hand
Posts: 492
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I tried with lot of different table names but am getting same error. Even db look up is also failed.
 
Deepak Bala
Bartender
Posts: 6663
5
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Meet Gaurav wrote:I tried with lot of different table names but am getting same error. Even db look up is also failed.



If DB lookup fails there is something wrong with your configuration.

Check again under the JNDI tree if this name is bound. If it is not redeploy the data source and observe the exception thrown. Check if the data source is up and running and if you are able to connect from a SQL editor
 
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic