Last week, we had the author of TDD for a Shopping Website LiveProject. Friday at 11am Ranch time, Steven Solomon will be hosting a live TDD session just for us. See for the agenda and registration link
C:\forWLSEJB3\chapter1\build.xml:233: Problem: failed to create task or type wldeploy
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.
Thanks for your time. Initially, I followed all the steps given by Debu Panda in his cite. What I did and learned from this error which is as below:-
1. I googled and came to know from one cite that I should use ant version 1.6.5 instead of 1.7 which gave me a little more details about this task/type of wldeploy.
2. Originally, I ran SetExamplesEnv script in $BEA_HOME/wlserver_10.0/samples/domains/wl_server directory to run the examples. Then I opened another command prompt window to build and deploy examples of chapter 1 using ant and I got the error which I have mentioned in my first post at the top. I changed the ant version to 1.6.5 to run it again and got to know a little more from the errors given by ant.
3. This time I didn't change the dos window, I changed directory to chapter 1 and ran ant script to build and this time worked fine but some other exceptions pertaining to weblogic.
4. Now I changed back to ant version 1.7, it worked with it too but with same weblogic exceptions. But I haven't worked on those yet as this weblogic is consuming a lots of memory and slows down the system, so I have to wait. Nothing changed by changing ant version.
What I learned from my experience is that the weblogic like websphere is heavy product as compare to jboss or glassfish as I have been using all of these to see the difference with different servers. I may be wrong. These are my observations.
Now I will work on exception's stuff. See what happens.