Win a copy of Testing JavaScript Applications this week in the HTML Pages with CSS and JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

WAS + HTTP configuration

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

This is my Server configurations



If I hit for snoop servlet from following URL (with http port & application server port) it is working!!

WAS : http://192.168.10.2:10207/snoop
HTTP: http://192.168.10.2:22207/snoop

I installed a simple servlet base application on WAS. From application server end, It can access through the following URL

http://192.168.10.2:10207/PolcSearch1/index.jsp

Then it redirect to this
http://192.168.10.2:22207/PolcSearch1/PolicySearchServlet
and show me the result. Everything ok!!

But problem is, if I call that application from http server end:
http://192.168.10.2:22207/PolcSearch1/index.jsp

It shows redirect to the URL :
http://192.168.10.2:22207/PolcSearch1/PolicySearchServlet

But no any result!! And say


Any tips to help me along would be much appreciated.

dhanuxp
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 126
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
After you deployed the servlet app, did you regenerate the plugin and transferred to IHS ?

Anant
 
dhanu manjula
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Anant Rao wrote:After you deployed the servlet app, did you regenerate the plugin and transferred to IHS ?

Anant




Hello Anant Rao,

Me, again, i'm still having some trouble with a HTTP+WAS configuration, i'm not sure what is wrong, it should be working, Please help me….
It occurred following error now,


Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.



what I did here, Correct me if I'm wrong

Connected to WAS administrative console > Server > WebServer > Click HIS_MYSERVER > click Generate Plug-in button

Then restarted the Webserver

Then type following URL http://192.168.10.2:22207/PolcSearch1/index.jsp & ends up with above error.

IBM HTTP & WAS 6.0 is running on same machine & my OS version is V5R4
Any idea please...

Thanks
Dhanuxp
 
dhanu manjula
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

dhanu manjula wrote:


Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.




anyone else seen this before ???


Thanks
dhanuxp
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 446
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would suggest you to check following two things:

1. Check if you have proper webcontext (or request context) defined in the descriptors.

2. Open the plug-in config file (in IHS machine) and check if your web context is defined there.
 
dhanu manjula
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Deepak Pant wrote:I would suggest you to check following two things:

1. Check if you have proper webcontext (or request context) defined in the descriptors.

2. Open the plug-in config file (in IHS machine) and check if your web context is defined there.



Hello Deepak,
many Thanks, my DD looks like this



What did i miss??

Thanks again
dhanu
 
Deepak Pant
Ranch Hand
Posts: 446
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think you pasted the contents of web.xml file. The web context root is either defined in "application.xml" as follows:

OR
You could define it in "ibm-web-ext.xml" file


Either case what I wanted you to check if web context root of your web app is present in your IHS Plug-in file.

The other thing you should do is check if WebSphere ISC (Integrated Services Console) shows the IHS as Web Server.
 
expectation is the root of all heartache - shakespeare. tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic