Win a copy of Testing JavaScript Applications this week in the HTML Pages with CSS and JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

New Java EE 6 learning path

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys I have noticed the SUN site has posted a new Java EE 6 learning path and certification + some courses.

Here's the link -: http://www.sun.com/training/upcoming_java_ee_6.html#SL-355-EE6

Share your thoughts
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 608
Eclipse IDE Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wicked!!

JSF certification!!Only thing is it'll be a while before study guides are published isn't it??

Or are there sneaky authors in cahoots with the Sun team?
 
John Wenn
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Duran Harris wrote:Wicked!!

JSF certification!!Only thing is it'll be a while before study guides are published isn't it??

Or are there sneaky authors in cahoots with the Sun team?



I have no idea, and they still haven't mentioned about the update exams.
 
Duran Harris
Ranch Hand
Posts: 608
Eclipse IDE Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Or the AJAX exam...
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1936
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Many thanks for the information.

Interesting. They separate JPA as a new certification, it's probably based on JPA 2.0 and the JSF certification is finally added.
Actually I hoped they to revise SCEA or introduce a more advanced level of SCEA, but it might not happen anytime soon .
 
John Wenn
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Kengkaj Sathianpantarit wrote:Many thanks for the information.

Interesting. They separate JPA as a new certification, it's probably based on JPA 2.0 and the JSF certification is finally added.
Actually I hoped they to revise SCEA or introduce a more advanced level of SCEA, but it might not happen anytime soon .



So what's your opinion about upgrade exams for JEE6, how will they parallel those exams with the newly introduced exams as you mentioned JSF,JPA 2.0
 
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1936
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

John Wenn wrote:
So what's your opinion about upgrade exams for JEE6, how will they parallel those exams with the newly introduced exams as you mentioned JSF,JPA 2.0


I don't know for sure. But I guess that:
- Next SCBCD will focus less on JPA and focus more on other features of EJB
- Next SCWCD will be updated to cover Servlet 3.0 and JSP 2.2/EL 2.0
- Next SCDJWS will cover JAX-RS
- Next SCEA Part 1 will cover the new specifications in Java EE 6
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So we will need upgrade to JEE6 if we want to take this new exams?
 
John Wenn
Ranch Hand
Posts: 31
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Giovanni Ascarza wrote:So we will need upgrade to JEE6 if we want to take this new exams?



I think there will be separate set of upgrade exams JEE6, apart form these new exams. And I think that will be a fare decisions.
 
brevity is the soul of wit - shakepeare. Tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic