Win a copy of Reactive Streams in Java: Concurrency with RxJava, Reactor, and Akka Streams this week in the Reactive Progamming forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Knute Snortum
  • Tim Cooke
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Ganesh Patekar

For Srikant -- Struts using Multilingual !!!

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 28
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Srkant,
Plaese throw some light if possible ...........
I am working on Struts framework with double byte language Taiwanese.
I am able to switch between Application Resources .i.e I have one Application Resources.properties which supports for the default English language and I am also providing a ApplicationResources_tw .properties specifically for the Taiwanese page.
For eg: Part Information is translated to "零件資訊 " in Taiwanese but the first character is displayed as "-件資訊" where the first character is lost
Quantity is translated to "數量" but it is displayed as "數-" where the second character is lost
The Application Resources property file is encoded as UTF-8 .There are no provisions for UTF-16 or UTF-32 in my machine. MultiLingual Languages are also loaded in my system.
In my JSP I have also included the below tag
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
I have tried it out with different charset like Big5 and gb2312, but the page is not reflecting the right output.Hence I have tried it out with UTF-8 the characters are displayed except that some fields like Quantity is getting translated from "數量" to "數-" .Thereby the second character is lost.
Do let know how this problem can be resolved
Thanks & Regards,
Siyaram Singh
 
No more fooling around. Read this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!