after installing apache tomcat as a service on windows 2003 the service starts, but with full cpu capacity! So no web site is working well. In the task list I can see more and more tomcat processes....
When starting Tomcat manually with startup.bat everthing's working fine.
Oops, it's too hard for me! Three days ago it has been the first time I installed an apache tomcat, and I have no experience about it or java.
So probably I set up the service wrong and I would like to explain what I did:
- after I assured, that Tomcat starts right on my Windows server with the script "startup.bat", I decided to run it as a service.
So I read the documentation http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html and found that the script "service.bat" should install it as a service. But the service didn't start up, it makes an service specific error 0 ...
When writing this answer I did the same as yesterday, and now the script works and the service even works fine. Don't know why, but yesterday it didn't...
So thank you, for spiritual help!
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop