Last week, we had the author of TDD for a Shopping Website LiveProject. Friday at 11am Ranch time, Steven Solomon will be hosting a live TDD session just for us. See for the agenda and registration link
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
Sheriffs:
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • paul wheaton
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Himai Minh

Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am new in Android. I have created HelloAndroid sample application when I tried to run application using right click on project as a Android application application gives error

[2010-09-20 16:23:06 - HelloAndroid] Could not find HelloAndroid.apk!



Please let me know what is the problem in my Application..
 
Rancher
Posts: 1337
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
*Is* there a file called HelloAndroid.apk somewhere? Maybe you're only compiling, but not actually linking/bundling the code into an .apk file.
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Lester Burnham wrote:*Is* there a file called HelloAndroid.apk somewhere? Maybe you're only compiling, but not actually linking/bundling the code into an .apk file.



I don't know.. but I don't think project contain any .apk file..
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I don't know but once I close the eclipse and again start and run the application it is working fine now...

Please close the topic. I got fixed the problem...
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Nishan Patel wrote:I don't know but once I close the eclipse and again start and run the application it is working fine now...

Please close the topic. I got fixed the problem...





I don't know I got the same problem again... can any one please let me know why I get such error and I am not able to run application...
 
Lester Burnham
Rancher
Posts: 1337
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My previous post still applies.
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have resolve the issue by declare the PATH variable to

{SDK_Home}/tools/

. Now when I am trying to run apllication try to install the immultor but after that I am having another error and unable to launch the application.

Error :

[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-21 14:07:37 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!



is there any thing I missed out.. ? please let me know....
 
Nishan Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 689
Scala Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Nishan Patel wrote:I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.



HI Nishan,
I am New to Android App Dev. i am Getting the Below Error , when try to run the app HelloAndroid from the Book "Hello Android 3rd Edition".
This is the Error :

[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Automatic Target Mode: launching new emulator with compatible AVD 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] New emulator found: emulator-5554
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] HOME is up on device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] Uploading HelloAndroid.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:20 - HelloAndroid] Installing HelloAndroid.apk...
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-27 22:03:59 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!

i think you also got the same error . Can you please help me How to Fix this .?
Thanks,
Sekhar

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 154
Android Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey Sekhar, Just shut down the emulator and the IDE and relaunch the application once again, I think that it should do the trick
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello.

I tried the following when I got the problem and then it worked:
I got a message "Failed to install HelloWorld3.apk on device emulator-5554

Solution that worked for me:
In Eclipse go to Window -> Android SDK and AVD Manager ->
create a new AVD (Android Virtual Device)
when I gave the name as em22 which was the name I had given
earlier, I got a problem so I gave the name as em23
SD Card size as 128 MB.

Then it worked!


Sekhar Karri wrote:

Nishan Patel wrote:I have fixed this problem. Actually I am using RAD for Android application. While I have change RAD to Eclipse 3.5 I am able to run android application successfully.



HI Nishan,
I am New to Android App Dev. i am Getting the Below Error , when try to run the app HelloAndroid from the Book "Hello Android 3rd Edition".
This is the Error :

[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Automatic Target Mode: launching new emulator with compatible AVD 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:33 - HelloAndroid] Launching a new emulator with Virtual Device 'ems22'
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] New emulator found: emulator-5554
[2010-09-27 21:59:38 - HelloAndroid] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] HOME is up on device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:19 - HelloAndroid] Uploading HelloAndroid.apk onto device 'emulator-5554'
[2010-09-27 22:01:20 - HelloAndroid] Installing HelloAndroid.apk...
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] Failed to install HelloAndroid.apk on device 'emulator-5554!
[2010-09-27 22:03:58 - HelloAndroid] (null)
[2010-09-27 22:03:59 - HelloAndroid] Launch canceled!

i think you also got the same error . Can you please help me How to Fix this .?
Thanks,
Sekhar

 
Pay attention! Tiny ad!
free, earth-friendly heat - a kickstarter for putting coin in your pocket while saving the earth
https://coderanch.com/t/751654/free-earth-friendly-heat-kickstarter
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic