After intense preparation for about two and half months i finally took the SCJP exam today and passed with 59/60- 98%.
I am very happy about the result, most probably the missed question is drag and drop question from
the topic Generics.
Exam is comparatively very easy than master exam , Exam Lab etc and exam questions were really well
framed and not difficult though.
Preparation: When i started my preparation originally i was at home for vacation with no internet connection and unfortunately my laptop got some problem,
so i was forced to give it to the service center and left with only K&B , still i studied the book along with making notes but there were many doubts
and i used to note them down, somehow i finished reading the book on January 2nd, 2011.
A week later i came back to college and i got my laptop ,then again i read K&B , compiling each sample program , making some experiments etc.
In the mean time i joined this great forum.
1) I started my preparation from December 18th, 2010 with the wonderful bookby Kathy and Bert.i read the book three times.
2) After finishing the chapter wise questions , i did mock exams given along with the book.
3) Then i worked out Inquisition , though it is designed for java 5, it contains good set of questions.
4) After finishing all these mocks along with few others , i did my final battle with wonderful testing tool ExamLab by Devaka cooray.
5) This link contains 30 tough questions from enthuware.
6) Don't miss these 9 tutorials written by Ankit Girg.
7) Documentation for all the classes(which are in objectives ) in collections framework and generics tutorial by SUN is must.
Mock exam scores(ordered chronologically)
K&B mock exam 1: 47/72
K&B mock exam 2: 50/72
Inquisiton john meyer's mock exam: 59/81
Inquisiton quiz: 23/31
ExamLab diagnostic exam : 57/72
ExamLab practice exam 1: 51/72
ExamLab practice exam 2: 56/72
ExamLab practice exam 3: 63/72
ExamLab final exam (3 days before exam): 59/72
K&B bonus master exam (2 days before exam): 50/72
Average score is 79% in examlabs and 68% in K&B and few other mocks which i am not posting because they are done in open book mode.
Thanks to I would like to thank following people who helped me when i am struggling with learning Java.
Stephan van hulst
and friends Jackzia ,Sai Kiran...
My special thanks go to the authors of the legendary book by Kathy Sierra and Bert bates , Devaka cooray for providing the great testing tool Exam Lab
and creators and people working behind javaranch.com.
Inquisition is a mock exam tool and it contains a total of 140 questions which includes a mock test with 81 questions
and rest are tough revision questions and some 7 questions about equals and hash code specifically.