I'm using netbeans. I created a Java Application and it created a Java class that extends JFrame. In the initialization code I can see where it says
When I click Run and the Application shows, only "b" is displayed as the Window Title. If I change the name to "abc" only "a" is displayed etc.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't even know how to describe this problem to google...
I started the project on Ubuntu with NetBeans version 6.9 and am currently using 6.9.1 on Windows 7. I have tried to create a short example but can't even create the same project type as the one I did with Ubuntu. Maybe I can try creating an Example when I use the other computer again.
Maneesh, I am using the gui builder to handle the gui for me and have just tried a setSize(x,y) in the constructor after the initComponents call. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue.
I thought someone else might have had this problem. I might just create a new project and copy the code over step by step unless someone has another idea. This is not urgent as the Title obviously does not influence functionality.
A. Wolf wrote:... unless someone has another idea.
Drop the DragAndDrop style IDEs. Most of us her (especially the non newbies) prefer to hand code. If you browse the forum, you will find various threads which will explain why hand coding is the preferred way to go.
I am an Eclipse user so I cannot comment on Netbeans. If Netbeans lets you code by hand (as compared to auto generating it via the DnD tool) then I would strongly recommend you hand code.
If not, then you can use a simple text editor and compile and run your application from the command line.
Like Darryl said, there is not much we can do to help you, unless we can look at the SSCCE code
I don't generally use the DnD tools either I am developing non gui apps using netbeans and it has treated me well so far, so when I was asked to create a one-page-form just to search and manipulate a database, I thought it wouldn't hurt "quickly" generating the front end.
The title problem has been resolved. I ran into other problems such as the SwingX palette causing hangs, so after I removed those things and updated my IDE suddenly I was able to see the full window title...
Thanks for the input everyone.