Hi all, I am Chaitanya, I am learning struts 1.3. I want to call a filter for every request. According to the code written, only the filter is being executed, the Action class is not being executed. Can anyone tell me what to do.
web.xmlstruts-config.xmlMyFilter.javaCan anyone tell me help me. Thank you all in advance.
5 Years later but might still serve the next one looking for this answer,
From : Apache Doc
public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain chain)
throws java.io.IOException, ServletException
The doFilter method of the Filter is called by the container each time a request/response pair is passed through the chain due to a client request for a resource at the end of the chain. The FilterChain passed in to this method allows the Filter to pass on the request and response to the next entity in the chain.
A typical implementation of this method would follow the following pattern:-
1. Examine the request
2. Optionally wrap the request object with a custom implementation to filter content or headers for input filtering
3. Optionally wrap the response object with a custom implementation to filter content or headers for output filtering
4. a) Either invoke the next entity in the chain using the FilterChain object (chain.doFilter()),
4. b) or not pass on the request/response pair to the next entity in the filter chain to block the request processing
5. Directly set headers on the response after invocation of the next entity in the filter chain.
If you do not call chain.doFilter() the request will be blocked.
Squanch that. And squanch this tiny ad:
Free, earth friendly heat - from the CodeRanch trailboss