Win a copy of Node.js Design Patterns: Design and implement production-grade Node.js applications using proven patterns and techniques this week in the Server-Side JavaScript and NodeJS forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

Trying to add new elemwent to BPEL, and it is now having binding error

 
Village Idiot
Posts: 484
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have a BPEL service that calls a PL SQL procedure. I have added a new element to the BPEL called quote_cart_line.

All I had to the BPEL to accomplish this was edit 3 files -

Async_Invoke_Import_Model.xsd (Source)



APPS_NI_MODEL_IMPORT_UTIL_IMPORT_SELECTIONS.xsd (Target)



Transform_NIE_Inputs.xsl (Transforming from Source to Target)



I have done this to two other BPELs and they work fine. (1st BPEL calls the second BPEL passing this new element, which then passes it to this BPEL I am having trouble with, which then should be binding it to a PL SQL type)

So this BPEL calls a PL SQL procedure, binding the elements from the BPEL to a PL SQL type (ni_model_import_line). So I edited the PL SQL type to accept this new parameter:




I invoke all of this, and the new element gets populated in 3 different BPELs, including this one I explained here. But when it comes time to call the PL SQL I am now getting an error:




This doesnt happen if I remove the references to this new element and try again, so it obviously is a problem with the element, but I have no idea what it is. It works fine when going from BPEL to BPEL, but as soon as the process tries to call the PL SQL procedure this happens. It is even more frustrating because I have done this exactly before adding another element, and it worked fine...

Any ideas or tips please?
 
Matt Kohanek
Village Idiot
Posts: 484
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So is there any further info I can provide or anything like that? I am still no closer to solving this it appears...

This makes no sense to me. I have edited these BPELs in this manner twice before and never had problems.

I have 3 bpels. I added the new element to each of them.

BPEL1 - calls some PL SQL and also passess the elements to the next BPEL (BPEL2)
BPEL2 - passes the elements to BPEL 3
BPEL3 - Calls PL SQL in exactly the same way as BPEL1

however, where BPEL 1 is functioning fine, BPEL3 is resulting in the error above. So frustrating, because BPEL3 works exactly like BPEL1, there is no reason it shouldn't be working. The elements are the same order as the PL SQL type and procedure it is mapping to, so that isn't the problem
 
a wee bit from the empire
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic