This week's book giveaways are in the Cloud and AI/ML forums. We're giving away four copies each of Cloud Native Patterns and Natural Language Processing and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.0. has been released. This is the first release in which we have automatically ported from our .NET code and therefore, it contains several features that were missing in the previous Aspose.Cells for Java versions. This release is a major milestone because from now on we can work more efficiently and it means a much better Aspose.Cells for Java for you. The reason for this is that we can now maintain two products – Aspose.Cells for Java and Aspose.Cells for .NET – from a single source code base. From now on the two products include almost the same set of features, fixes and are released on the same day. It is not common practice for us to make breaking changes to the API and we always try to avoid this whenever possible, but sometimes it is necessary. The changes this time occurred to make a move towards using the Aspose Unified Framework which dictates an improved API for loading and saving. This makes for a more organized and consistent API to be used across all Aspose products. The source code from the .NET platform will now be automatically ported to the Java platform. This will enable Aspose.Cells for Java to match Aspose.Cells for .NET feature-by-feature. This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
- Separate compiled versions of the product for different JDKs, e.g. 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
- Set formulas with external references
- Support ListObjects / Tables
- Support AutoShapes Objects
- Enhancements are made for Shape-to-Image feature
- Enhancements are made for Chart-to-Image feature
- Enhancements are made for Sheet-to-Image feature
- Enhancements are made for Excel-to-PDF feature
- Enhancements are made for Auto-Fit Rows/Columns feature
- Enhanced Manipulate Tables
- Improved Read/Save Auto-Shapes, Chart-to-Image, Shape-to-Image features
- Support to add Text Box into Chart for XLSX file
- Copy PivotTables when copying Worksheets
- Select multiple items for PivotField
- Save Chart for Excel 2007 file
- Explicit Exception type for invalid password and file format when reading template file
- Remove “final” restriction for Worksheet/Font/Color classes
- Support to set ROUND/ROUNDUP/ROUNDDOWN formulas with only one parameter
- Support to get Validation for a specific cell, copy validations when copying cells range
- Sort data with more than three keys
- Support RTL languages for PDF
- Set HTML format value to cell
- Support to set Gradient Fill for a cell
- Line chart are saved as Line chart with data markers
- Read Number format incorrectly from ODS file
- Chinese characters for Chart-to-Image feature
- Render border and part of picture for PDF
- Render border and part of picture for PDF is fixed.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.