The long awaited version of Aspose.Pdf for Java 3.0.1 has been released. This release includes the option to convert PCL files into PDF format. PCL (Printer Command Language) is a Hewlett-Packard printer language developed to access standard printer features. With this latest version of Aspose.Pdf you can convert these files into PDF format. Below is the list of main new and improved features added in this release
- Aspose.Pdf for Java provides the support of converting PCL files into PDF format, so now you will be able to convert PCL5 files containing text, raster and vector graphics into PDF documents.
- Support for TrueType font map has been added
- Support for CCIFF encoding has been added
- TrueType font are not supported.
- Converting medium and large XML files to PDF is now 5-10 times faster.
- Document generation time should be less
- Names of Bookmark related methods are unified
- Maintain all CCITT encodings
- StackOverflowError Exception introduced in 2.9
- Placement of Graphs after Excel2PDF is corrected
- Rendering large images linked to the Web resource
- TIFF image is successfully converted into PDF
- Extra Padding/Margin are corrected in table
- Enhanced BMP file into PDF conversion
- Data issues are resolved during XML to PDF conversion
- Table Cells border is fixed in the resultant PDF
- TrueTypeFont issue is resolved
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.