This week's book giveaways are in the Jython/Python and Object-Oriented programming forums. We're giving away four copies each of Machine Learning for Business: Using Amazon SageMaker and Jupyter and Object Design Style Guide and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
I am asking is there any specific reason for keeping the query out of the java file.
1. Ease of changing the query without having to recompile
2. Facilitates record keeping, you can document the query using XSLT to create a nicely formatted record.
3. Reduced chance of introducing errors into Java file
4. Facilitate use by non-java-programmers
5. Probably, better security but I'm not sure about that