The quickest way to get the error to go away is to remove that line from the freemarker template. Seriously. It isn't a critical part of the system to display # users. And it might work if you put it back after creating a real user.
The quickest solution is to use 2.1.8 instead. I've also run into the DEADLOCKs problem with 2.1.9 and there's no apparent solution while I read about what others tried.
EDIT: either they fixed 2.1.9 or I did with an reinstall... there no more problems with 2.1.9 that I can see at the moment
EDIT2: there were no errors in the original package per se, I was making a dumb mistake when I replaced all TYPE with ENGINE, some 'type' got replaced too. I blame the heat I don't know where the above error originated from, after re-downloading and re-installing everything works fine
I'm sure glad that he's gone. Now I can read this tiny ad in peace!
ScroogeXHTML 9.0 - RTF to HTML5 and XHTML converter