I had my OCJP 6 exam yesterday and passed with 90%....
Even though it is my first post here , I have been a regular visitor to this forum .
I would like to share some of my personal experiences with OCJP exam.
My preparation strategies as as follows.
1. Learn the benefits you get from an OCJP certification.This keeps you motivated throughout your preparation. Afterall what's the preparation without any any motivation...
2. Set a deadline for the exam. This keeps your preparation well focussed.
3. Finish the famous K & B book on OCJP 6 atleast twice before the deadline. Here finishing the book means the detailed coverage of each and every chapter and thorough revision of the self tests given at the end of each chapter.
4. Practice the mock tests from the "OCP Java SE6 Programmer Practice Exams" book again from K & B. This makes you familiar with the exam question patterns.
5. Lastly, have faith on your preparation.
Hope this helps.
GUD luck to the folks who are going to attend the exam.