The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.1 has been released. This month’s release provides parsing headers and footers to get strings for different sections. We have also made some valuable enhancements regarding Microsoft Excel 2007/2010′s advanced conditional formatting file formats types that were not supported in the product. Moreover, Microsoft Excel 2010′s advanced data validation is now supported. We have also supported data filters in Pivot Tables. We have made several enhancements regarding redundant temporary files that were created for Excel to PDF feature. We have added support for a new option: “Aspose.Cells.Disable=SunFontManager” to avoid any possible JVM crash. The auto-shapes rendering in the output HTML is further enhanced. We have fixed some bugs and handled exceptions regarding Excel to PDF feature in the latest release. The formula calculation engine has also been improved. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Parse scripts in Page Setup’s headers/footers
- Conditional formatting - Include DataBar type’s missing fields
- Conditional formatting - Include IconSet type’s missing values
- Conditional formatting - Support - FormatConditionValueType.AutomaticMin/AutomaticMax
- Read conditional formatting rules with cross-sheet formulas
- Support Cells.MinDataColumn and Cells.MinDataRow properties
- Support Cell Background Colors with Conditional Formatting (MS Excel 2010)
- Data Filters of the PivotTable are supported
- Advanced data validation of MS Excel 2010 is supported
- Temporary font files are created more than once when saving to PDF
- Date in Header/Footer has not been formatted accordingly with Workbook's locale settings
- Support new option: Aspose.Cells.Disable=SunFontManager instead of java.awt.headless for JVM crash of Open JDK
- Export auto-shapes for HTML file is improved
- Overlapped text and missed gridlines for saving PDF are fixed
- Extra borders showning when re-saving SpreadsheetML template file as XLS file is fixed
- PDF generation is fixed with specific chart’s data
- Formulas are correctted after inserting range
- The generated PDF from Excel workbook had more number of pages is fixed
- Chart labels became misaligned and overlapped when coping worksheet is fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.