Position: Java GUI Engineer
Company: Audatex, a Solera company
Location: San Diego, CA
Please Visit: http://www.audatex.us staffing @ audatex.com
Join the leading global provider of software and services for the automobile insurance claims processing industry! Audatex, a subsidiary of Solera Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SLH), delivers market-leading claims solutions to more than 50,000 insurance companies, collision repair shops and automotive recyclers worldwide. This global reach, combined with a strong financial position, enables us to continually invest in our technology, our clients and, our employees.
Audatex is currently seeking a Java GUI Software Engineer for San Diego, CA.
Actively participate in the design, development and implementation of Audatex Systems. These systems are the foundation upon which Audatex products and customer solutions and applications are developed. This position focuses on developing Java business applications for AudaNet . It will focus on client-facing technology (UI components).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Work collaboratively with Customers, Upper Management, Development Managers, Architecture, QA and other Software Developers in producing quality software products utilizing best practice methodology and technology.
•Collaborate with different development teams throughout the US and other international locations.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 years experience in software development.
• Hands-on experience utilizing Java.
• Knowledge of server-side technologies including Servlets.
• Knowledge of unit-testing frameworks (such as JUnit).
• Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
• Nice to have: Knowledge of Source Control systems (such as SVN or Perforce).
• Nice to have: Knowledge of processes such as Agile and Test-driven development.
• Nice to have: Practical understanding of continuous integration (CI) process and “best practices”.
•Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the Company both verbally and in writing. • Demonstrates a courteous, tactful and professional approach with employees and others.
•Ability to accurately establish the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, set reasonable objectives and goals, anticipate and adjust for problems/roadblocks and measure results against goals.
•Ability to perform special assignments as requested by the Management team of Product Development.
New rule: no elephants at the chess tournament. Tiny ads are still okay.