Passed OCPJP-6 today with 83% (what a load off). Overall, it was easier than I thought. No fill in blank stuff,
and only one Exhibit popup.
Thought I'd share my memory tricks on the chance it will help someone. Might be less effective if English isn't your
1. Date and Locale use New() but Calendar, Dateformat, and Numberformat use instance methods.
Think of getting a hot date and taking them someplace fancy
"Take your NEW DATE to a NEW LOCALE"
2. Ivars use the access modifiers (public, private, protected) plus volatile, transient and final
Think of a reporter having trouble tracking down an angry homeless man for a story
"He FINALly got ACCESS to the VOLATILE TRANSIENT"
3. Ivars can NOT be serializable, abstract, native, or strictfp.
Instance methods can NOT be transient or volatile
Think of a spoiled kid punished by losing his television
He went SANS TV (each letter is a term, "sans" is Latin for "without")
4. Runtime exceptions are unchecked, I just said "runchecked" a few times to make stick
5. Join, Wait, and Sleep all need exception handling.
I used my initials, but you could probably think
"JAWS didn't get an A on his test" (or something)
6. In Regex /d is digit, /s is space, /w is words
"I'm DIGging those SPACEy WORDS"
7. Tell yourself over and over:
Interfaces are used for constants and public instance methods
Overriding is only for instance methods, not static methods or ivars