• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

Java 7 web hosts recomendations

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 507
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,

I am in a kind of a situation. I have started building up a web site as a freelancer with Servlets, JSP and MySQL at the back end. Anyway the hosting services I contacted are providing tomcat 3,4 which is not suitable with Java 7. My client also now need recommendation about the hosting services. Since I am developing with Java 7 and will only use Servlets, JSP, and MySQL, can any of you please recommend me some good hosting services which gives the support to these technologies? I am not seeking for a free hosting. I am sorry if I opened this thread in the wrong place, and in case, please be kind enough to move this to the correct location.

Please help..
 
Rancher
Posts: 43026
76
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Start with this list: https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ServletsFaq#hosting
 
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 507
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Start with this list: https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ServletsFaq#hosting



wow, this is really cool! All of them support for Java 7???
 
author & internet detective
Posts: 40746
827
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Start with this list: https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ServletsFaq#hosting



wow, this is really cool! All of them support for Java 7???


Maybe; maybe not. I think Ulf is suggesting you go through them and find a few that do support Java 7.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 123
Firefox Browser Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You can also look at rackspace.com.

A cloud server can be used just like any computer. You can install any java that you want.

- k

=======================================================
[SpringSource Certified Spring Professional (Spring Certification) – Practice Tests]
 
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 507
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:

Yohan Weerasinghe wrote:

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Start with this list: https://coderanch.com/how-to/java/ServletsFaq#hosting



wow, this is really cool! All of them support for Java 7???


Maybe; maybe not. I think Ulf is suggesting you go through them and find a few that do support Java 7.



Thank you
 
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 507
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Kathleen Angeles wrote:You can also look at rackspace.com.

A cloud server can be used just like any computer. You can install any java that you want.

- k

=======================================================
[SpringSource Certified Spring Professional (Spring Certification) – Practice Tests]



Thank you for the reply
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You can also use google app engine. Its free, but you won't get MySql support. Instead you will get google's data format(BigQuery, CloudSQL) for storing data.
 
Yohan Weerasinghe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 507
Netbeans IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Kartik Mavani wrote:You can also use google app engine. Its free, but you won't get MySql support. Instead you will get google's data format(BigQuery, CloudSQL) for storing data.



Interesting.. Thank you for the reply
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 75
Tomcat Server Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Anyway the hosting services I contacted are providing tomcat 3,4 which is not suitable with Java 7.



It's really difficult to believe that someone offer tomcat 3 and 4 in 2013...

 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic