This is an exciting time for CGI, and we want you to be part of it.
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 35 years, we're still growing! We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team. We are currently recruiting for Intermediate and Java Developers for our Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island locations. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Required Level of Education:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
Must have skills:
• Strong Java/J2EE including: JDBC, Java Server Pages, JMS, concurrency
• Java libraries such as Quartz, Swing (esp. for TSAR)
• Web-app development for Java (deploying WAR/EAR files)
• Eclipse as dev environment
• Solid SQL background, Oracle experience
• Solid web background: CSS, jQuery
Nice to have skills:
• WebLogic, Sybase database
• JUnit experience
• Ant experience
• Capital Markets experience Strong leadership skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 69,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Watchya got in that poodle gun? Anything for me? Or this tiny ad?