I have worked on AXIS which is a SOAP engine which creates the SOAP processors, clients, gateways and does the data binding. Now I want to move to JAXWS.
My queries are:-
1) Whether JAXWS is also a SOAP engine similar to AXIS? If not what it is called Webservice library from Oracle?
2) If I use JAXWS I dont need AXIS, right?
3) JAXWS is a specification which needs a implementor?
3) Different ways to implement JAXWS specifications?
4) I know that we have CXF, Sun WSServletContextListener,SAAJ , whether these can be used to implement JAXWS? Which one is better to choose?
5) Whether AXIS 2 supports MTOM,XOP like JAXWS?
6) Which one is better AXIS2 or JAXWS?
You need to differentiate between specifications and implementations. JAX-WS and SAAJ are specification of SOAP APIs. Axis-2, CXF, Oracle's JAX-WS RI, JBoss-WS and others implement those specifications.