This week's book giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Head First Android and have David & Dawn Griffiths on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of Head First Android this week in the Android forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Rob Spoor
  • Bear Bibeault
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Al Hobbs
  • salvin francis

How to achieve dynamic localization in android?

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Data comes from webservices so i have to maintain dynamically changing labels at runtime ?Please give some examples for the approach?
Thank you in advance.








Regards
Sadasivakumar
 
Bartender
Posts: 11445
19
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Recommended reading http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html
 
sadasiva kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Maneesh Godbole wrote:Recommended reading http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html



Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply,

as mentioned earlier , i am looking for dynamic localization in andriod application.

please let me know

looking forward for your response
 
Maneesh Godbole
Bartender
Posts: 11445
19
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I already gave you a link. If you need more information, you need to be specific. For starters you can start by what you mean by "i am looking for dynamic localization in andriod application."
Localization usually refers to language/text formatting based on the locale. The link I provided tells you how to do it.
 
sadasiva kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Maneesh Godbole wrote:I already gave you a link. If you need more information, you need to be specific. For starters you can start by what you mean by "i am looking for dynamic localization in andriod application."
Localization usually refers to language/text formatting based on the locale. The link I provided tells you how to do it.




Details : For localization of my app data comes from webservices not from resource string local values and based on language data we have to change lable headers at rutime dynamically.I am expecting any one can give examples for the approach.

Thanks in advance
 
Rancher
Posts: 43027
76
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What kind of widget are you using for the table header? Does it not have a method to set its text?
 
sadasiva kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ulf Dittmer wrote:What kind of widget are you using for the table header? Does it not have a method to set its text?



Yes.It has a method to set its text.But how to get the text.
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 43027
76
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
From files that are part of the app; you can separate them out according to the method described in the link Maneesh posted.

If you don't know the translations at build time, you will need to transfer them via the WS as well.
 
sadasiva kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ulf Dittmer wrote:From files that are part of the app; you can separate them out according to the method described in the link Maneesh posted.

If you don't know the translations at build time, you will need to transfer them via the WS as well.




Hi Ulf Dittmer,
Thank you for your reply.Can explain me with some example for this approach?
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic