Win a copy of Mastering Corda: Blockchain for Java Developers this week in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Jj Roberts
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
  • Piet Souris

RESTEasy or Jersey for JAX-RS study

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Mac Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Everyone,

I am preparing for the OCEJWSD certification.When it comes to JAX-RS which is the Reference Implementation that is better to study from a certification point of view.It is RESTEasy or Jersey?.

Thanks,
Yogs
 
Rancher
Posts: 43016
76
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jersey is the RI. Since the objective is JAX-RS, though, I would imagine that any conforming implementation would be fine.
 
Yogs Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Mac Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Jersey is the RI. Since the objective is JAX-RS, though, I would imagine that any conforming implementation would be fine.


Thanks for your response Ulf, so if i whose to study the RESTEasy RI,i wont be in any disadvantage for the certification correct?, what i mean to ask is will there be any questions in the certification specific to Jersey RI?
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 43016
76
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Well ... I'll let the experts answer that. The Exam Topics (which I'm sure you've read by now, short as they are) mention "Create a RESTful web service in a servlet container", amongst other topics. That could conceivably involve deployment steps that are implementation-dependent.
 
Yogs Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Mac Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ulf Dittmer wrote:Well ... I'll let the experts answer that. The Exam Topics (which I'm sure you've read by now, short as they are) mention "Create a RESTful web service in a servlet container", amongst other topics. That could conceivably involve deployment steps that are implementation-dependent.



Ok Ulf, thanks for your response
 
Bartender
Posts: 2008
13
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
For this exam, focus on Jersey API. Someone mentioned in this forum that reading the latest Jersey User Guide (version 2.8) from Chapter 1 -5 will help.
But it is still ok to practice with RestEasy. The basic concepts of both RestEasy and Jersey are more or less the same.

 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 43016
76
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

For this exam, focus on Jersey API.


In other words, not the Jersey API, but the JAX-RS API :-)
 
Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Posts: 3368
306
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The only disadvantage you have when studying RESTEasy for the WSD exam is for coding Web Service client. The exam topic "Create a web service client for a RESTful web service" assumes you have some basic knowledge coding a Jersey JAX-RS client.

For the exam you can stick to Jersey 1.x (as it conforms to JAX-RS v1.1). If you read the Jersey 2.x manual you willl learn a lot of stuff that is not part of the exam (as it conforms to JAX-RS 2.0).

Here is the link to the Jersey 1.18 manual.

Regards,
Frits
 
Yogs Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Mac Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Himai Minh wrote:For this exam, focus on Jersey API. Someone mentioned in this forum that reading the latest Jersey User Guide (version 2.8) from Chapter 1 -5 will help.
But it is still ok to practice with RestEasy. The basic concepts of both RestEasy and Jersey are more or less the same.



Thanks for your response Himai
 
Yogs Kumar
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
Mac Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Frits Walraven wrote:The only disadvantage you have when studying RESTEasy for the WSD exam is for coding Web Service client. The exam topic "Create a web service client for a RESTful web service" assumes you have some basic knowledge coding a Jersey JAX-RS client.

For the exam you can stick to Jersey 1.x (as it conforms to JAX-RS v1.1). If you read the Jersey 2.x manual you willl learn a lot of stuff that is not part of the exam (as it conforms to JAX-RS 2.0).

Here is the link to the Jersey 1.18 manual.

Regards,
Frits


Thanks for your response Frits,that link to the guide is very useful,thanks again
 
Let's go to the waterfront with this tiny ad:
the value of filler advertising in 2020
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic