I'm currently studying for part I of OCMJEA 6. I've already gone through all of the "Exam Topics" listed on the Oracle page for the exam. Are there any other topics that I should be reading about that are not explicitly listed there? Some of them are a bit broad, so I'm afraid of getting a surprise on the day of the test.
This has already been discussed here, for my preparation I personally found useful this thread.
I cleared 1Z0-807 last Saturday, below are some observations.
1. Despite they are not in the list of exam topics, the presentation tier patterns from Deepak Alur's "Core J2EE Patterns" are in the exam.
2. Anti-patterns from "Bitter Java" and "Bitter EJB" by Bruce Tate are in the exam.
3. There were several questions about implementation of service-oriented architecture, which are well covered in "SOA in practice" by Nicolai M. Josuttis and are not covered at all in Cade and Sheil's
4. There was an abundance of questions about all aspects of security - I remember questions about JAAS, several questions about declarative and programmatic and one versus another, and there were also questions about JCA too. Take security very seriously.
5. As already mentioned by beta test takers, there were no questions about UML.
Well that is about it.
The duration of exam is 2 hours and a half, I think this is more than enough.